Skip to main content

Puerto Rican Kindness - Puerto Rico Part One

I like travelling. I especially enjoy exploring places that are a lot different than where I live. Puerto Rico attracted me with its language, culture, location, weather, and natural wonders. To be honest, I bought my Lonely Planet Puerto Rico book just a couple of days before my trip, and I couldn't have chance to open it till I step onto the plane. Well, sometimes it is better to know less about the place you are travelling to, so it doesn't lose its charm.

I took this photo from a tiny plane flying above Fajardo, Puerto Rico

I spent 7 days in Puerto Rico. It was a short trip but was definitely long enough to see kindness of Puerto Ricans. Upon arriving Puerto Rico, I left the airport and headed for the bus stop - well, I am a budget traveler and I usually avoid expensive sort of transportation. It took a while for the bus to arrive, I was so happy to finally get on the bus, but there was a "tiny" problem. I did not have chance to withdrawal cash from ATM yet. Of course the bus driver doing his job, was not happy about this situation. That was the point when this guy at the bus station just hopped on the bus, paid my fare, and got off the bus. The bus immediately left the station. I didn't even have chance to thank to this wonderful Puerto Rican who paid my bus fare. Dear my Puerto Rican hero -  that's what I will call him since I don't even know his name - thank you...

See you in another post with more details on where I traveled in Puerto Rico, what activities I did and how you can make it happen on a budget as well.

[End notes: Traveled and posted in 2011, updated the post in 2020.]

Comments

  1. Hi. I just happened to see myself as reading whole your adventures and seeing the beautiful photos. It's so great of you that you'd chosen unique locations to visit and explore. Admired indeed. :] I myself did a kind of thing to Scandinavia and UK, but this one seems much gorgeous. Yet, the photo above you took, is just speechless. Hope you can make more trips like this. Take care.

    Epamaarainen from Postcrossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment and happy travelling to both of us :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: One Week Itinerary

Here is a one week itinerary for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, a beautiful country consisting chain of islands in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean. One week itinerary for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 1-2 days: Saint Vincent One day for hiking  La Soufrière Volcano. Read my detailed post about this hike here , which offers great view of the island with a volcanic crater at the top. La Soufrière Volcano in Saint Vincent Optional second day on Saint Vincent should include below. Some of these attractions can be visited on the first day if hiking La Soufrière did not take a full day. Owia Salt Ponds at the north tip of the island Leeward Highway Scenic drive, the west coast of the island Kingstown, for a non touristy Caribbean town experience. Main attractions at Kingstown: Kingstown Catholic Church, or Cathedral of the Assumption, I am not going to lie this place looks scary from outside and it has a contrasting architecture. If you have to see one thing i

Bad Travel Experience in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

This post is about my travel to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, a beautiful, mostly non-touristy island(s) country in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean. I took a different perspective on this post, seemingly negative, a more positive one will come shortly. In this post, I talk about my worst travel experiences from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. In other words, these are the worst things that can happen if you go to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Read and decide yourself if you still want to go, I bet you will find my experience rather humorous than scary. We all talk about the good and the glamorous. Hardly ever I see a blog post about negative travel experience. I believe it happens, but we are usually ashamed to shared that or we think it is going to overshadow the good experience. I, on the other hand, find it useful to read or hear about travel experiences where things were not ideal. I believe it gives us opportunity to learn and be prepared for it. If the negative

Barbados: Our Trip Itinerary

Barbados: Our Trip Itinerary 🇧🇧 We have spent two full days in Barbados. We have arrived on an evening, spent the next two days on the island and left in the morning on our last day. I wish we could have stayed longer, but this was part of our two weeks Caribbean island hopping trip and two days was the only time we can spare. I would like to return in the future and definitely spend more time. I know most people who visit Barbados, do so on a cruise, and spend only one day on the island. In that aspect, our two days trip was actually longer than how long most travelers spend on this island. Though I still envy people who is either retired or working remotely so they can stay longer. Let us start from the beginning. Why did we pick Barbados as one of our hops in our Caribbean island hopping trip? I will probably have a separate post on this whole island hopping trip, but in short, I specifically wanted to visit Southern Caribbean. The reason being I wanted to go to the islands that I